Connected at the roots

Yesterday was full of blessings -- time spent with friends I haven't seen in a long time, rich conversations, time outside by the waterfront, surrounded by roses and poppies...

And the workers were here again this morning, so my morning routine is off again.  Eventually I'll get this under control and figure out a workaround, but in the meantime things aren't flowing quite as smoothly.

So I thought I'd just share this beautiful rose with you, and today's reading from A Year With Rumi:


Behind Each Eye


Spring overall.  But inside us
there is another unity.


Behind each eye
one glowing weather.


Every forest branch moves differently
in the breeze, but as they sway,
they connect at the roots.

I may be swaying off course a bit this week -- and I leave tomorrow afternoon for a retreat on Mary Oliver; not sure if I'll have internet access -- but, well -- you and I and this rose; we'll all still be connected at the roots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © visionprimordial. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.