Playing through the fear

Good news!  I was finally able to come up with something that pleased me -- using the second version that I struggled so with yesterday morning.

And so, I ask (after years of listening to my husband deal with our daughters), "What did you learn from this?"

I think I'll just make a list, in no particular order:

It's always darkest before the dawn.

It's important to play through.



There's no harm in starting over. (If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.)

Listen to your heart.

Go with your gut.

Don't be afraid to walk with your demons; they have things to teach you.  Listen.

It's all about the light.  Just follow the light, and the rest will take care of itself.

It's not about perfection, it's about expression.  But expressing yourself takes a lot of courage.

God is in the details.  But accuracy may not be as important as effect.

Learn new skills, but keep the old; you never know when they might be just what you need.

Be patient; the world wasn't made in a day.  It's not done til it's done.

It's really about learning to see.  The difference between what we think we see and what we're actually looking at is greater than you might think.  Which holds true in other arenas as well, of course -- we're all too quick to assume that what we think we see is true when truth may have some altogether different shape.

I might want to do this again. But it's more fun to paint as an expression of self and feelings than it is to copy something that already exists.  Or at least, less stressful.

It doesn't take much to tip me over into the darkness; I need to have more faith.

I am more troubled by aging than I had realized.

I am as plagued as anyone by the issues of growth -- always wanting to be more, do more, have more.  It helps to be aware of that, and to temper my expectations... 

When struggling with doubt, it's always good to go for a walk with a friend (thank you, Joanna!)

(Note: I suspect I'll keep adding to this post... this was QUITE the learning experience!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © visionprimordial. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.